Fresh. Delicious. Nutritious. Beautiful. Unique. Local. Sustainable. These are some of the words our loyal CSA members regularly use to describe their experience getting their weekly produce directly from our small farm in Pittsboro, NC.
Eat better and support your neighbors today by signing up for our year-round CSA program. Pickup locations include Pittsboro, Carrboro, and Durham and new members are accepted on a rolling basis until full. More information and sign up link below.
Full Share - Summer Example
Full Share - Winter Example
WHAT IS A CSA?
CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) is a model in which the producer and consumer develop a close working relationship to grow healthful, local, and sustainable foods. The consumer invests in the farm by paying the cost of membership upfront. In return, the farm provides a weekly share of whats fresh and best each week. By paying upfront, CSA members help fund the large initial costs of the season like seeds and supplies that otherwise can be difficult for farms to cashflow. Paying upfront also means that the consumer shares in both the abundance and risks of the farm. If the farm has a bumper crop of tomatoes, you get to make extra salsa. If the farm faces extreme weather or pest issues, you sleep better at night knowing we farmers can still afford to keep fighting the good fight. It's a relationship of trust and support that makes clear we are all in this together.
CSa Details and pricing
Join anytime, as long as the CSA has room. We grow great food year-round, even in the winter. So, we distribute CSA shares 48 weeks out of the year. That means you can sign up for a 16 week seasonal subscription or a discounted 48 week annual subscription. We pack two share sizes based on your needs: our standard full share which provides the most variety and quantity and our smaller individual shares. We also offer a "supersize" add-on option for an additional $5 per week for those who are real lovers of vegetables and need more than a full share.
Full Share - $26 per week ($23 with annual subscription)
Individual Share - $17 per week ($15 with annual subscription)
When and where can I pickup?
We have weekly pickups in Pittsboro, Carrboro, and Durham each with different times. Consult the schedule below for more details.
- Pittsboro (on farm located within town limits): pickup between 4 PM on Tuesday and Midnight on Wednesday.
- Carrboro (near Fitch Lumber) after 5:30 PM on Tuesday
- Carrboro (home delivery) after 5:30 PM on Tuesday
- Durham (Location Downtown TBD) 4 - 6 PM on Wednesday
- Durham (Farmers' Market) during Market hours on Saturday
Shares that are not picked up during the scheduled times will be donated to our local community outreach efforts.
- We make sure we have you covered first. That means we pack your shares before we sell at market, to restaurants, or to grocers. You no longer have to get to market as soon as it opens to get the good stuff. The good stuff is already set aside for you.
- You get items in your share that are not otherwise available to the public. You get the cool, experimental varieties and limited supply items that we don't take to market.
- Weekly newsletter with a farm update, recipes, and vegetable introductions that give you the confidence to try a new-to-you vegetable or learn a new approach to a tried and true staple..
- CSA members are the first to know about farm dinners, workshops, tours, and other fun farm events.